Sunday 29 November 2009

Plans

Due to yet another day of fantastic weather I postponed the group I had booked in for an introduction, so I gave everyone a good work out (crow hawking on a sunday is no fun, far to many ramblers getting in the way even in this weather) and thought Danny, Gawain and I could go and have a wander round the swamp, our 15 acre marsh and see how it was as I had not been out there properly since early summer.

I'm hoping to put in a couple more flight ponds next year, they make a fantastic sight for wildlife as well as hopefully becoming a stopping point for the wild duck population in the area, The one we put in last year has been a great sucess, already gathering a fantastic dragonfly poulation.(Danny would like to add no Ducks there today)


Danny put 2 pheasants and a rabbit out of the same patch of Brambles, ( Gawain knowing it was a Sunday decided the rabbit was the best option for my supper), and this started me thinking on how much we don't use this area for clients. Unfortunately for 3/4 of the year if you dont have wellies you would not want to go very far into it, but the addition of a couple of small bridges would make it a lovely place to go into with the better equipped, The hawking in there is great fun, therre is a good population of wild Pheasants, always a few rabbits, and snipe galore.
So plans for any free time when the weather is a bit better is to open this area up and make more use of it as an area for clients to enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment