Wednesday 9 December 2009

A light hearted day

Well after yesterdays upset it was cheering to have such a change in the weather. Typically with the weather come good I had no clients in so sloped off for a bit with Mordred,Morguasse and Morwenna. to see what we could find..
Morwenna and I managed to make a complete hash of her first slip with me fumbling the hood. and when I did get it off she missed the slip and took off after a flock of rooks in the distance.
I retrieved her from this and found a lovely slip for Morguasse Who was beaten to cover after a hard flight by a very good crow.
Then I spotted the perfect slip at a magpie for Mordred in a loveley open area, no cover for a long way in any direction, he took the slip perfectly, the magpie took one look at him and shot down a rabbit hole.
I was running out of daylight by then so headed for home, nothing in the bag but a really pleasant afternoon with well mannered Falcons, and what a change to be out in shirtsleeves

No comments:

Post a Comment