Saturday 26 December 2009

Boxing day Jollies

 Boxing day is one of the busiest days of the year for us here, and this year was no exception.
It started with our daily display at Bovey Castle Hotel to a good size audience, Strait from there to Gidleigh Park Hotel, Our first Christmas display from them Gladamir decided that flying next to the river teign was to scary for words (but Christmas displays would not be the same without one of the large owls letting me down), everyone else behaved perfectly.
Back home for a bite to eat when I spotted a pair of magpies in our end field so I grabbed Mordred and had a very nice flight, with the magpie finally besting us in my neighbours sheep.
Back to Bovey castle to drop off the ferret racing team, then on to the Two Bridges Hotel right in the middle of the Moor. Yet again every one behaved well, despite the heavens opening on us (See Agravane doing his verp p***** off soggy Harris' on a lamppost impression)


Luckily it did not last long.
I was winding up there when I noticed that somehow Morguasse had got herself on the cadge (don't no how, Honest) so it seemed to good a chance to miss as I had to go back via some of my best crow hawking ground.
She had a nice flight catching her crow in a nice sheltered spot, so I joined her with a cup of coffee,and we relaxed, listening to the Mid Devon Hounds in the distance.
I may be Bah Humbug about Christmas, but Boxing day has to be one of my favorite days.

No comments:

Post a Comment