Sunday 16 March 2014

The Shaggy Pointers

I've been asked on several occasions why dogs future so prominently in what is a falconry centre.
  Well, firstly anyone who knows me knows that working dogs have always featured as a large part of my life,as workers and companions ,and if I'm somewhere my dogs are not far away.

Secondly dogs are actually a very important part of what we do at Dartmoor Hawking,the majority of our hawks hunt as well as doing our various falconry experiences, and we would have very poor days with out the dogs to find and flush Rabbits, Pheasants ,woodcock, snipe and hares for our hawks .
for the experience days they also add huge amounts of entertainment as both the Ginger thing and Little Will . I . Woof are big characters and are guaranteed to butt in at some stage to disrupt things.
  Thirdly on the odd time I have to camp up at the barn they make fantastic hot water bottles.
 so the dogs are very important to me, Mt right hand men, and constant companions . if you don't like dogs Dartmoor Hawking is possibly not the place for you

No comments:

Post a Comment