Tuesday 24 November 2009

The joys of wind

Flying fit  Falcons in strong winds is one of the real joys of working with birds of prey from the unbelievable dorn wind stoopps of Morguasse and Morwenna to the delicate manoeuvring of Little Faye as she hovers overhead.
Any how Anyhow due to meetings with solicitors over problems we've been having recently I was not planning to get out in anger today, but when I took Mordred out to exercise him I saw a flock of Jackdaws messing around across the valley, not in ideal country (by any stretch of the imagination), but I was bored and am easily lead astray, so I slipped down to the boundary hedge and slipped him. Chaos erupted and with Jackdaws going every where and I lost track of where he was very quickly.
I scrambled over the hedge (which took a couple of minutes) accompanied by the ever present Danny and spoted him waiting on at about 70' above the next hedge.
In goes Danny and after a quick rumage around out comes a jackdaw, He missed on the first stoop but then nabbed it as it turned to go down wind.
Not classical falconry but great fun, and I even remembered to take a photo






No comments:

Post a Comment